If you know Ware Presbyterian Village – as a resident, family member, business associate or friend – you know this is a special place. Our goal in all we do is to give residents the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives in the company of caring neighbors and friends.
The Village Care Fund was established with an initial anonymous gift of $75,000. The income from this fund is used exclusively for the charitable care needs of residents of Ware Presbyterian Village in all levels of care. The principal remains invested to ensure for the future that help will be there. In 2008, this fund provided charitable care to 105 residents across all levels of service.
Today the fund has grown thanks to the gifts from residents, family members, and other friends. These gifts come in the form of memorials, tributes, bequests, gifts of insurance, and IRAs.
Gifts of any amount are gratefully received and there are many options for making a contribution, including arrangements that can provide income back to the donor.
Gifts may be made to directly support the needs of our residents, activities, and projects at Ware Presbyterian Village. Below are specific funds that have been previously established:
- Van Fund – Come aboard and help support the van fund. This new van will accommodate passengers who are ambulatory as well as those who use a wheelchair.
- Auxiliary – The mission of the all-volunteer Auxiliary is to raise funds to be used to enhance the lives of residents receiving Personal Care and long-term care services.
- Florence Nightingale Scholarship Fund – This endowment, established by Charles and Dolores (Peg) Middleton, awards annual educational scholarships to employees who pursue a career in nursing.
- Guardian Angel Fund – Also established by the Middletons, this endowed fund is dedicated to the charitable care needs of residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of memory impairment.
- Remember~Honor~Celebrate Tribute Program – You can recognize a special occasion or accomplishment (birthday, anniversary, graduation), say “thank you” to caregivers or other staff, or memorialize a special person with a lasting gift to this fund. You may designate your gift to a particular project or area of Ware, such as charitable care, or allow us to use your gift where it is most needed.
- Bequests – Provide opportunities for individuals to promote and carry out their wishes on how their assets will be used by future generations. Many individuals may not be in a financial position to make an immediate gift during their lifetime, but provisions in a will can convey one’s wishes to an organization of their choosing. We strongly recommend that you carefully consider this arrangement in relation to your comprehensive financial and estate plans. Please consult an attorney in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution so as to comply with state requirements.
Please contact Lee Anderson, Regional Director of Mission Support, at (717) 502-8875, email: email@example.com or James Burnham, Executive Director, at (610) 998-2439, email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how your gift can make a significant and meaningful difference.